Coming to DC?
- First, get familiar with the DC organizing principles
- Second, we are working on securing housing, food, medical, and legal solidarity organized.
DC organizing principles:
- We are really good at what we do! There are many D.C. organizers who are well-trained, experienced, and committed. We’re in it for the long haul.
- D.C. organizers and activists really understand D.C! Need a permit for an action? Concerned about the many different police forces and their jurisdictions? Want more information about risking arrest in D.C? We have been there and know about any recent changes.
- We are impacted! D.C. has one of the widest income inequality gaps in the country and is facing rapid gentrification and displacement. Your big issue – from affordable housing to climate change – is being felt here in D.C. Your big mess? We deal with that too. The fallout and retaliation by authorities after your action will be felt here long after you go home.
- D.C. has a population of over 650,000 people in the city limits and 5.8 million in the metro area, yet national organizations bus in people for events that only a handful of locals show up for!
- Often, national mobilizations use the time, energy and resources of D.C. organizers, who serve as a de-facto host community, at the expense of crucial local organizing on these same issues.
- D.C. is not a state and Congress often overrides our wishes. This makes us extra sensitive to outsiders who come in thinking they know more than we do about how to run things in our city.
- There must be a way to utilize the organizing power and hopeful energy that goes into national mobilizations so that the host city’s social justice movements grow stronger!
People live here in the nation’s capital. D.C. has long historical social movements, please respect local organizers, community members, and places we hold dear. If you disrespect spaces we care about you’re are undermining our ability to organize against white supremacy and capitalism.
We’re only days away from the protest and need to know if you are looking for housing!
In addition to a few spots in nearby homes, there is mass housing where we will provide overnight security and most meals. Suggested donation of $15 per night, but all are welcome. (Except fascists)
We will be providing food in the evening of July 5th and snacks on the 6th.
The DC medic collective will be providing health and safety support on July 6th. Medic spaces will be announced days prior to the counter-demonstration.
Each medic space will have water and snacks available.
Legal And Jail Support
We will have a legal line, jail support, and legal observers organized by the DC chapter of the National Lawyers Guild.